Getting the car ready for the hardtop I have to repair a stripped thread on one of the fastening captive nuts.
I drilled out the old nut, fortunately I had some rivnuts left over from a previous job. Quite easy to fit, I used the slotted bracket as a template to make sure the rivnut tightened up in the correct position.
The original side panel was badly damaged in the area of bracket so I cut the damaged areas out and cut and shaped a piece from 3mm aluminium sheet to cover and reinforce the area.
This area gets a lot of use not just from the softtop and the hardtop but also the tonneau bars and windbreak brackets.
This area has obvious had other previous repairs over the years – just hope mine will last.